The program has been designed to equip the participants with essential knowledge and skills to lead organizational change and development. MPhil in Educational Leadership and Management (ELM) will be of interest to those in education related settings who carry or aspire to reach senior and middle leadership and management positions. This program aims to integrate practical knowledge, theories, and state-of the-art research by providing an opportunity to the participants to develop specialized research skills for professional investigation in the substantive areas of educational leadership and management.
- As per HEC policy, 16 years of education in the relevant field of study with a minimum of 3.0
- CGPA or B-Grade.
- Candidates must clear NTS test or university developed test.
- Candidates must have a relevant degree in Education/Leadership/Management
The MPhil is a 1.5 to 4 year program and has 30 credit hours with 8 courses and one thesis (20000-25000 words) of 6 credit hours.
After successful completion of the course work, students are required to carry out research study for the thesis under the guidance of a research supervisor selected by the students and approved by the institute. The student must convert the research thesis into a publishable paper as part of the degree requirement.
An MPhil student must additionally complete the following requirements while at IoBM:
- MPhil Proposal/Synopsis Development
- BASR Approval of MPhil Proposal/Synopsis
- Completion of MPhil Thesis
- Open Defense of MPhil Thesis
- Any other HEC Requirement
- MPhil Proposal/Synopsis Defense
- Continuous Enrollment in Supervised Research
- Selection of External Evaluators and Examiner by BASR
- Final MPhil Thesis Submission to BASR
|Core Courses||Elective Courses (Any Two Courses)|
Developing a Research Project
Readings in Education
Philosophical Foundations in Education
Qualitative Research Methods in Education
Statistical Testing and Inferences in Education
Policies and Education in Pakistan
Leading and Managing Educational Change
Contemporary Issues in Educational Leadership
Education Governance Policy and Practice
Education Leadership Theories Principles and Practices
Strategic Communication in Educational Leadership
It is mandatory for research students of MPhil and PhD program to attend at least 5 sessions of the Multi-disciplinary Research Seminar Series in each semester.